5.01.2013

The Angel Of Stern Strikes Again



One thing I hate about the NBA Playoffs is that they always pick some dumb song to be the theme of the playoffs.  It's always some over-synthesized pop song that you probably already hear on the radio 25 times during the day.  This year they picked "That Power" (I refuse to write it the way it is in the YouTube title) by Will.I.Am & Justin Beiber.  I'm not a fan of either of these dudes individually...But collectively they made something that kinda works.  Sure it's disposable pop music, but for some reason I kinda dig it. 

The lyrics are pretty weak...But I LOVE the chorus (for reasons that should be painfully obvious).  I'm not going to buy the CD or even the single on iTunes.  But I will play this video over and over and over again when I start to feel down, because it makes me dance in my chair like a damn fool!  I know it's not a great song, but for whatever reason it makes me happy.  And I'll take all the happy moments I can get right now...Even if it comes from two jabronies like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment