7.25.2013

Wordly Wise


You know, I've always been of the opinion that words are some of the most powerful things on Earth.  They have the power to create & the potential to destroy.  They can be used to build someone up just as easily as they can be used to tear them down.  They can be used to uplift...And also used to oppress.

In the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict, and the media's firestorm of bloviation and blindness to the feelings of many within the Black community, a number of thoughtful and thought-provoking essays, articles, and blogs were written about the topic (present company included...Lol!).  I don't know if any of these pieces will lead to really conversation & real change...but it's a start.

Anyways, I saw a poem today that was both touching and provacative.  I dug it, so I figured I'd share the link:  "Little Black Boy Wonder" .  I thought it was pretty powerful, and a fitting tribute/post-script to Trayvon Martin's life & death.

In other news...I've FINALLY got a job!!!  My life's been in a continuous state of disarray ever since I returned home from Canada, and not being able to go to work definitely contributed to the chaos.  Being able to get out of the house on a regular basis will definitely go a long way towards helping me to heal.  Even though the job's not glamorous or exciting, it'll be good just to have a daily purpose again.  Besides, I miss being a part of a team and interacting with co-workers...Who knows, maybe I'll even find a Spottieottiedopaliscious lady-friend or two.  It's not likely, but a brother can dream...Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment