7.11.2013

Fun With Fortune Cookies!

So I've been eating a lot of Chinese food lately, and with Chinese food comes fortune cookies.   I don't know who first came up with the idea (and I can't be bothered to Wikapedia it right now)...But fortune cookies are an awesome gimmick!  Not only do you get to eat a sweet (albeit slightly stale) cookie...But you get a sentence or two of potentially life-altering wisdom to boot!

I've collected a handful of the "best" fortunes and I'm going to share them with you.  I'm gonna rate the validity/usefulness of the fortunes on a scale of 1-5 pieces of General Tso's chicken.  Like to hear it...Here it goes!


* Fortune #1: 
"Leadership is action, not position"

- I completely agree with this fortune.  There's much more to being a boss than a title.  True leadership requires vision, service, compassion, courage, and conviction.

Rating: 4 pieces of chicken.



*Fortune #2:
"Inspiration is within...It's time to go deep"

- This is vague.  It's kinda true, but also pretty weak as far as fortunes go.  This reminds me of that Simpson's episode where thy had a barrel of "Leave your wife" fortunes sitting next to a barrel of "Work it out" fortunes.  Boooo!

Rating: 2 pieces of chicken.



* Fortune #3:
"In the near future, you will discover how fortunate you are"

- Meh.  I guess it's true, but you could also gt hit by a bus next week.  This is one of this "hedging your bets" fortunes.  It's not terrible, but it's not exactly enlightening either.

Rating: 2 1/2 pieces of chicken.



*  Fortune #4: 
"Judge each day not by the harvest that you reap, but by the seeds that you plant"

- Amen!  This is something that I'm learning each & everyday.  Everyday I may not get a huge victory...But i can grow and learn and set the stage for those victories.  Patience is a virtue.

Rating: 5 deliciously sweet pieces of chicken


So...What have we learned from this little excersise?  We learned that Chinese food is scrum-diddly-umptious.  We learned that fortune cookie fortunes are pretty hit & miss, and we learned that I have waaaaaayyy too much time on my hands...Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment